New stand issues?

Hey folks, I have my new stand switched over and the water level in my display is about an inch too low for some reason.
I have a Sicce return pump (I'm at work so I dont know the model right now) and the drain section of my sump is also low to the point of the water barely filling over the baffles to the return section...
I need to tinker with it but dont know where to start....
The overflow is in the same posistion it was before but like I wrote above, the drain section is too low for some reason.
Any ideas as to what I should adjust when I get home today?
Could my return pump be too weak to keep up with the added 6" of stand height?
So, to clarify my rambling: The display is 1" too low, as is the skimmer/drain section of my sump.

Your display will be at the level of your overflow no matter how much flow you have pumping through the tank. As long as water is gettign fed to the tank it will stay at the level the overflow keeps it at.

The only section where the water level will change is in the return section where the water pumps up to the tank.

@DaveG99 wrote:
Your display will be at the level of your overflow no matter how much flow you have pumping through the tank. As long as water is gettign fed to the tank it will stay at the level the overflow keeps it at. The only section where the water level will change is in the return section where the water pumps up to the tank. said:
Thats what I thought, but my overflow is in the same posistion it was before I switched stands.
It's performing like the overflow is too low (DT water level low), but the drain section of the sump isnt reflecting this as it is low as well and not flowing over the baffles to the return in enough volume.

If your sump is running dry you need a bigger pump. You pump will burn out if its running dry

Sent from behind you!

It's not running dry, just barely keeping fed from the baffles of the skimmer section it seems...I wondered if the pump wasnt keeping up. I just dont think 6" of added stand height would make a well performing return pump inadequate. Thanks for helping me figure this out folks, all suggestions/ideas are always more than appreciated.

It sounds to me like that extra 6" just pushed the pump beyond it's limits. Did you add any additional turns to the return line? What is the head you are pushing?

My boss just let me run home to check on my tank. It's fixed!
There was a golf ball size ball of chaeto strands inside the cover of the return pump.
I cleared it and all my water levels returned to normal. Thanks again for all the responses folks.