New sps photo

[Well - I have been busy - haven't changed water in 2 month. Some sps seem to thrive now that I don't dip my hand in the tank daily - while some wither away.

Here is a new picture of mont. cap with purple edge. It seems to grow nicely - and the color really shows. PS - I'm not going to break it up at this time - maybe later.
purple_mont_cap.jpg
alt="">

While I'm taking pictures - here is a pink/green pocillopora on the right, comparing to the green one I had shown on the left.
pocillopora.jpg
alt="">

Finally, here is a view of T. gigas. I love the neon blue dots.
gigas.jpg
alt="">

Enjoy.]

[Absolutely gorgeous, eye-popping stuff! Thanks for posting your latest pictures.

Are you still planning to move that tank? :(]

[PM me when you decide to frag some stuff, could use some healthy frags to start my sps dominant tank.]

[I looked at the pic before reading, and I thought to myself "I wonder if he will frag some of that purple cap?" Tank looks awesome.]

[Marc - I'm leaving the tank where it is. It'll be too much work/risk to move it. I'm planning to remove the acrylic rack under the corals so that they will have more room to grow. My green slimer is above water surface when I changed water last night.

I'll be fragging soon. I am just amazed at how well the purple cap has grown back. Couple month back I broke up like 2 inch inch around - and this coral seems to have grown back most of it.]

[I'm really glad you've decided not to move it. I think that is a wise decision. Doesn't the rack come out in a series of sections, or is it one solid piece?]

[No - it's a solid piece, a platform measures 4 feet by 2 feet. The tank itself is 5 feet by 3 feet.

I think it's good that I remove the platform because I don't have time to plumb some water movement under the rack like what we talked about. As a result I have good amount of algae growing under the rack.

Also - once the rack is gone - I'm going to put the Tunze deco-rock back. I really don't care to see the bulky tunze streamer in both corner of this tank.

It's going to be alot of work. Imaging having to remove most of the coral before I can take the rack out. I was joking about just pick up the rack - slide off all the corals sitting on it to make it easier on myself. :p Then - all the croals will break into frags - and I'll have a frag sale.]

[LoL. You can probably move your corals into your sump and refugium since it is the same water. I'd recommend you get the whole thing pulled apart and get everything back into place within an hour to an hour and a half. The more quickly you do this, the less stress the corals will suffer. To give yourself more space, pull out your skimmer so you have more room to place things. You might even pull the LR out of the propagation zone, keeping that in some newly mixed saltwater in a separate container - just long enough to do the switch. Keep it fully submerged.

Maybe I can come help you do this, on a weekday?]

[Peter let me know if you need help also. If it is an evening or a weekend I can do. And since I live 10 minutes away should be no problem.]