New Green Zoa Frag

sublime-1

Membership Expired
Hi guys n gals,

I was at DNA on saturday picking up some RO and a filter sock and they had some coral frags in an end tank.

They were what looked to be colonies that had crashed previously, or had significant die back. However, there was a small colony of Zoas in an old cup rock and I bought them for $8. There were approxl 20 polyps, fully extended and pretty healthy looking.

Anyway, I added them to my 90 (all water params perfect) and put them near the top so they could get the full effect of what little light I currently have (2 x 65 50/50 PC).

Question is, should I start supplementing some feeding to these guys or just let them filter feed and be photosynthetic. I have noticed most of the polyps have opened and look "ok", not perfect, but ok.

Any advice is very appreciated. This is the first coral in my tank.

I would add a small amount of phytoplankton. And get more coral :) Going to DNA from Mckinney for RO? I usually have jugs of water sitting around my place...

yah, i work in Irving so I just hop off the Bush, or send my wife, who works in Farmers Branch.

I am going to buy an RO system, but I wanted to make sure I have my tank where I want it, etc.

I have been debating relocating my tank to be closer to a closet, and then having it plumbed for cold water to set up ATO.

However, It's only a 90 and if I was going to go to those lengths I would rather just wait until I go bigger. So for the time being, I may just let it sit where it is and get an RO unit for the laundry room and just work out a holding tank with a float valve near the tank.

So many decisions and variables.

In the end though, it is much shorter trip to the laundry room, than to Carrollton.

ha ha

i dont feed my zoo's anything...and they grow like weeds....but i change my water weekly.

Yep.. zoo's are pretty much light feeders... some Paly's exhibit feeting responses and people feed them mysis etc but for the most part they don't require any additional feeding.