New DSA 105

hysaju6y.jpg
alt="">
Got my skimmer in today!

NWB-150. It's a lot bigger than I thought!

Well, it's been a while since I updated anything. I got it filled an most of my equipment moved over from my 75 that I am going to use except my apex.

I have MP40s, 2 XR30w Gen 2s, a NWB-150 skimmer. I still need to move my Apex and TLF 150 reactor over. I also installed a DJ power switcher in the stand.

I got through the cycle pretty quick (3 weeks). Much faster than I thought. I ended up putting around 25-30 pds of live rock from my 75 in to seed. Once I finished the cycle, I added my 2 Divinci Clowns and a bunch of my coral to the tank.

Here's a few quick pics:
9A800533-2ACE-46A8-A68A-B280A2C9ED43-781-0000004ADFE80F2B_zpsc151a9c2.jpg
alt="">
96FD10F0-E33F-4C44-BFCF-04CB7A9D73B3-781-000000481D950338_zps2e988a52.jpg
alt="">
DC15B291-FEE7-45AC-B10A-2B4C3BE4C03B-781-0000004825D7B970_zps53fb69be.jpg
alt="">

What's the best type of fan to use to cool to tank? Looking to put on over the sump. Should I build a bracket sand use some PC fans or just use a clamp on?

@Hook'em2006 wrote:
What's the best type of fan to use to cool to tank? Looking to put on over the sump. Should I build a bracket sand use some PC fans or just use a clamp on? said:
If it's going over the sump I'd just use a clamp on. Those generally have 2 - 3 speeds so it'll let you dial in what works best. Since it's over the sump the aesthetics don't really matter and a clamp on will move more air than PC fans would.

@Airstreamin wrote:
[I]@Hook'em2006 wrote:[/I][quote="What's the best type of fan to use to cool to tank? Looking to put on over the sump. Should I build a bracket sand use some PC fans or just use a clamp on? said:
If it's going over the sump I'd just use a clamp on. Those generally have 2 - 3 speeds so it'll let you dial in what works best. Since it's over the sump the aesthetics don't really matter and a clamp on will move more air than PC fans would."]

That's what I was thinking actually. Thanks for confirming my thoughts were valid!

Finally got everything squared away under the tank. Added a pH probe for my apex jr with a pm1, an auto top off from Autotopoff.com and a second mp40.

As far as live stock, I added a nice Flame Angel and Yellow Tang.

I also got a clean up crew from reefcleaners.org. Great service there by the why.

My over flow was a bit noisy. You could very audibly hear the water splashing down the over flow. So I raised the durso's. the water now falls only about 1 1/2" and is almost silent!

So far the flame has been good. Hasn't even sniffed a coral or my clam.

7uhuturu.jpg
alt="">
era3u8u3.jpg
alt="">
2y8a6are.jpg
alt="">
uhe3y7ud.jpg
alt="">[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366912912.906734.jpg[/attachment]

@Airstreamin wrote:
looking good! said:
Thank you! It's turned out really nice. Just tryin to get it on auto pilot.

All the planning and fails on my other tanks really helped this on turn out like I wanted. Couldn't have done it without the help of DFWMAS.

Wow, long over due for a update here.

I added 2 BRS dosing pumps for all and calc. These have proved to be worth their weight in gold. Have made my life a lot easier. Not much added in livestock or coral, be letting the tank find its groove. All the coral seems to be growing very well aside from some minor bleaching from my Radions being a little too bright. Lowered them down, and things seem to be recovering very well.

4ugehy9y.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Well, I lost my yellow tang, and my Flame Angel decided it was time to try the coral. After almost getting all the polyps off my green birdsnest I had to pull him out. In his place I added a powder brown and another yellow tang. They seem to be taking to the tank really well and eat like pigs. I haven't really made any coral additions. Im having a hard time finding really colorful stuff around the area, anyone have any place(s) ya'll go to that have really bright coral?
alt="">