Need replacement fuse for Red Sea Wavemaster Pro T8AL250V

SALT

Premium Member
Hello Fellow Reefers,

Well I cannot believe that I am the first one ever to need one of these??? I searched the forums and checked the web and Elliot's and Radio Shack etc.... I even tried the LFS and no has one in stock. Does anyone have any idea who might have one local? The letter/numbers on the side say T8AL250V. I guess I can go without it for a while but my tank does not look as happy as usual.

Thanks,

Stanley T''' - SALT

Because of the lettering, my guess is it is a 8 amp - 250volt fuse. If the packaging is like a regular glass fuse, you should be able to use any with that rating. If its a white fuse, its a slow blow. Same thing - get a slow blow with that rating.

Well Fry's was helpful with info, he said the size I need is 5mm X 20mm but he only had 6amp and 10amp no 8 amp so the search continues. Thanks for the input so far. I also check Marine Depot but they did not seem to have them. I also heard that the CoralVue 400 Watt MH balast uses the same fuse, so it has to be out there. I guess I will just keep looking.

Tanner electronics is just down the street from me, because they are closed tommorrow, I will swing by there friday and see what they have and let you know if they have it.

Is it a slow blow, or a regular fuse?

Are you still looking for this fuse?
Tanner was closed yesterday also. I stopped by there today and they had the fuse you are looking for so I went ahead and picked up 2 for you. If you want give me your mailing address and I will send them to you, or you can swing by and pick them up, just let me know...

T8AL250V - The "T" stands for slow blow. The ones I got are slow blow 8amp 250volts 5mm X 20mm.

I was also wrong about the white ones being slow blow. They are just ceramic, function the same as the glass fuse but are coated with ceramic the keep the glass from exploding inside the device, if the fuse fails.

Tag

you could use the 6A to get you by as long as you are not pulling more than that and you could use the 10A but i would push it to long although even a 14 awg wire is rated for 18A but you should protect it for 15A and 18 awg is rated for 10A but I'm not sure what you should fuse it at. But hey your almost to monday now.

WOW Tag, You are Da Man! Yes I do still need them! Thanks a ton for looking into this. How much were they so I can repay for them. I will send you my contact info in PM. I just went ahead and plugged in two MJ1200s direct to a my power strip but I can tell things are not as open as usual.

Sorry about not getting back to this thread so fast. I had a very busy and awful T-Day Holiday. Do not want to get into the details but let us just say I would have been better off skipping the surgery and asking the relatives to stay home. :cry:

Hope to talk to you soon Tag.

And many Thanks to everyone else.

Stanley T''' - SALT

@Tag wrote:

Got your mailing address, will drop them in the mail tomorrow. Don't worry about paying me back, it was only a dollar including the stamp :shock: .. I spend more than that @ the vending machine @ work, just glad I could help.