Need help with ID of a Zoa.

oinot

Membership Expired
Had this posted in the wrong forum.

Just bought some live rock and found a couple of hitchhikers... Can someone help me ID these. I haven't had any luck finding them online so far.

[attachment=1]1.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

Not aiptasia but it could be majano. I've been doing some digging around on it but all the pics I have found majano look way different. I am going to try and get a tighter shot of this thing see if it helps me or anyone else confirm what it is.

Not sure, but it almost looks like those MINI bubble tips that people were selling on this forum -- IMO.

Now ... is it stationary for certain? ... I ask because you state zoa. How big is that disc? Is it a nem/of any kind that moves?

On another note ... the first pic looks like my duncan, only my duncan has about 12 heads together.

To be honest I thought zoa when I first saw it but it was a guess at best. I haven't seen any movement yet and I have been watching them for the last 5 or 6 hours. The disc is maybe less then a 1/4".
These are the best shots I could get on it. Would like to get a positive ID on them because they actually don't look to bad. However if they are going to after my other corals I want to get them out asap.
[attachment=1]3.jpg[/attachment]
[attachment=0]4.jpg[/attachment]

Turn all lights out, put a clip on shop light over their rock, and see if they move towards it. If they do, then they're most likely Mayanos and very bad.

Well I tried the tip with the shop light and did not see any movement from these guys. I was able to get a decent shot of this thing again today from the side. Not sure it will help but I'll post anyway.

[attachment=0]5.jpg[/attachment]

I would prob say that it is some kind of anemone just due to the fingers/skirt not being in a "row" and kinda being in random spots like most anemones are. On zoas the skirt will be in a straight row.

Just an FYI. It was def Majano. I've gone ahead and gotten rid of them with some Aiptasia X.

Thanks for all the help everyone.