Need help identifying this creature

joboo

Membership Expired
Hi folks, I've been out of the hobby for a few months. During that time I still had my biocube 29g running with LR only, with limited to no lights. About a week ago I start increasing light in preparation for some fish. Found this creature on the rocks and was wondering what it was. First thought was Aptasia or Majano however it does not appear to have the characteristics. Any help would be appreciated.

ysuha8e3.jpg
alt="">

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

strawberry anemone, aka club tipped, ball. They spread fast and sting corals. They don't kill corals just Irritate them enough to keep them from doing good. Take rock out and chip him out.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Wow.. I was way off. Thanks for the quick reply!

So it looks like I may have more than a handful of these on multiple rocks throughout the tank. Not sure pulling the rock will be an option. Is there something that will eat these?

I have had a lot in my tank they will all slowly move out of the light. You can leave them in the tank without issues. Over time when corals grow they may not grow around them.

I have switched tanks and started with all man made rock. Kept corals checked each coral and thought I removed all of them, but found 2 that were hidden between zoas.

Yea, from what I read on them they like cooling waters with low light. which matches up to the environment in my tank the last few months. My lights just went on for the day and notice a few of them that are in direct light have closed up. I'm going to ride it out and see how it goes. Thanks again for your help.

Most call these Ball anemones because of the balls on the tips. I have also seen the name glass anemone. These are normal hitchhikers and do not harm corals. They normally stay in small numbers in low light areas.

Definitely ball anemone. I have a few. They do spread fast but mine haven't gotten out of control so just keep an eye on them. If they stay away from your corals I would let them be. I think they're kinda cool but that's up to you.