N Ft Worth TDS High

mikebow16

Premium Member
I noticed today that the TDS coming out of the membrane of my RO unit is high. Normally it is between 5 and 10 but today its staying at 25. Is anyone else experiencing this same thing or might it be my membrane. I changed the filters and membrane last month and made maybe 100 gallons so far with normal results.

Do you have a way of testing your tap water going in to your RO/DI or have any way of measuring water pressure? If you have an in-line TDS meter, perhaps you could temporarily disconnect it and test the tap water to see what you are getting and also clean it off in case there is some buildup throwing off your readings.

The pressure is good about 90 psi, I'll have to mess with the inline TDS meter to get the supply side reading. I let it run yesterday and the lowest it got was 19 ppm. It is usually about 4ppm.

Mike

Wow, that is pretty good water pressure! I had my in-line meter throw off wacky readings once so hopefully that's all it is. Do you have a handheld or another meter from someone in your area you can cross-check with?