Mysterious Snot Coming out of LR *Culprit- Abalone Snail*

So I've been watching this particular LR for about a month now. Something inside this rock is excreting a snot-like substance. I can't find the source and have seen it come out of the rock twice now after staring at it for over an hour both times.

Any clue what might be causing this? Is it toxic? At first I thought it was my coral doing it, but it's coming out of the rock under the coral. Here is a pic of the coral.

Also, anyone got an ID for this coral?

I wouldn't worry about the "snot". Probably some kind of mucus from a worm or other creature.

The coral looks like a xenia. Mine has looked like that before when stressed.

@Opus wrote:
I wouldn't worry about the "snot". Probably some kind of mucus from a worm or other creature. said:
You were right. Turns out Abalone Snails come out of my rock and spit a bunch of snot out and then go back into the rock. Saw a little one peeking it's little head out and "sneezing" lol.

@nano_thomas wrote:
[I]@Opus wrote:[/I][quote="I wouldn't worry about the "snot". Probably some kind of mucus from a worm or other creature. said:
You were right. Turns out Abalone Snails come out of my rock and spit a bunch of snot out and then go back into the rock. Saw a little one peeking it's little head out and "sneezing" lol."]

I don't know how abalone reproduce, but some snails such as trochus, will broadcast spawn. It looks like snot...