Mysis q...?

Does anyone know which brand of frozen mysis shrimp actually has tons of mysis in it? My saltwater fish all love the mysis shrimp, but I'm pretty irked by the fact that the one I've been using has like 50% watery stuff and im not enough shrimp in it. I don't think I should have to use 2-3 cubes to only feed a few small fish and have them stare at me and go crazy in the tank searching for more food. With the flakes or pellets they get full and don't search for more food afterwards. a further concern for me is that the watery stuff and tiny pieces of shrimp that the fish don't like get stuck in the rocks or somewhere else and rots.

So what are you guys using if you are feeding your fish mysis shrimp?

Pe mysis in the bottle is great stuff. I picked up some frozen mini mysis that franks tanks sells and I like it as far qauntity is concerned, but the brand name escapes me.

Tapatalk

Is it this stuff?

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/09/02/mysis-feast/

would this frozen pe mysis be better than what im using too?

http://www.fosterandsmithaquatics.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19763

The frozen flat pack of PE Mysis is the best bang for your buck. You can break off as much as you need and it can last a long time. You also need to rinse your frozen food. Majority of frozen foods are packaged in not so great quality water and is full of phosphates and nitrates. Just thaw it in a cup of tank water or ro and then strain it through a net, rinse with ro or tank water and then you can either feed straight from the net or add some more water to your cup and dump it in that way. Make sure you are not overfeeding. If you do not have an adequate clean up crew then you will be left with food in the rocks and that will add bad nutrients to the water, which we all know what happens then, algae. We all want our fish to be fat and happy but they really don't require that much at a time. Honestly, if you are feeding New Life Spectrum Pellets, you can feed that the majority of the time and then mysis only a couple of times a week. Hope this helps some. Good luck.

Oh yay nitrates and phosphates! I've been trying to figure out which food is adding the phosphates after going nuts testing the ro, mixed sw, and replacing the ro membranes and cartridges trying to figure out where its coming from. I can lower it no prob but I would rather not put them in the tank in the first place.

I wanna rinse this mysis but theres no way I can rinse it without rinsing away almost all the food, it sucks! I will definitely be trying the pe mysis now that I'm out of the current stuff, sounds like exactly what I want. That is not available where we live so I have to buy online. :(

+1 on PE Mysis. Everything else I have tried is much smaller.

I use a brine shrimp net for rinsing. Works great for the smaller mysis.

you guys were right about the pe mysis! we bought a cube pack of it to try it out, they were nice big fat shrimps with very little water in the cubes and my fish had no probs eating up all the shrimps :D i only used about 3/4 of a cube to feed 2 tanks, ill definitely be buying this stuff from now on. thanks for the recommendation! [smilie=clapping.gif]