My very first pair.

So I got my seahorses in from Dan and Abby today of Seahorse Source. And after following their instructions on aclimitzing them I have them in the tank, the video follows is my paranoia, I have already lost one seahorse a long long time ago, it just refused to eat and I had gotten it from Live aqaria. I think I cried, I worked so hard to keep it alive and it just starved to death.
But this is my second attempt, and I have been on and off the phone with Dan and Abby as I basicly reset up my tank and challenged it with ammonia, then talked some more in depth about some things that were plauging me. This was all before I new fort worth had an Marine Aquarium society. I firmly thought I was on the shelf alone. So in the video you can here me with my paranoia about my female Persephone. But let me assure you, as they are getting used to their new home, Persephone and Hades are dragging each other around by there tails, and I have to say its kind of funny to watch them get annoyed with it.

When they were floating in the bag, Hades wanted OUT now no exceptions! The light is off in the video as per the instructions, so I am hoping so to see a varient of color changes with them, but you can already see the erectus markings on them. They are gorgous. I am hoping by tonight that they will want to eat or have found the frozen mysis I put in there after words. More videos when they are full aclimitized so about 24-48 hours.

Again I know I am super worried in the video, but they are dragging each other all over the tank, posting on whatever the want to, inludin a cleaner snail on the glass.

Heather
A very new and happy seahorse owner.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIpVfbSL4J4[/youtube]

Well all paranoid aside, they are eating! I was so happy to see them snick at the frozen mysis shrimp. I noticed they moved to scoure the rock for food when I turned on the living room light. So I put some mysis in a bowel to dethaw it and did the squirt method near their direction that they were looking for and tada! snick snick snick.

I was really worried, my very first seahorse parished from not eating. I am so glad to not being a worried parent, but I am sure those problems will arrive when I get there.

[smilie=clapping.gif]

Very beautiful seahorses, I can't wait to see how they color up!

I just flipped the switch on my seahorse tank over the weekend and now it's time to let the cycling begin!

Oh thank you, I think they are a very handsome pair. I cannot wait to see how they color up either, I witnessed an odd color change between them ealier today, the female was out hunting and came over to greet him then left to another hitching post, he followed. Changed color, I think he actually went paler. Then he tried to do this possessive is the only word I can think of tail wrap around her, and she got a bit annoyed or shy and took off to the other end of the tank to hitch on the tank thermomiter. I just checked and sure enough they are both on the thermo now, just clinging to eachother and it.

Could this be a tentive courtship? I have no idea. I don't know what eactly I am looking for, I don't think I seen his pouch puff out or not. Because simply ,I got them today and would be kind of shocked and would most definatly kick myself if they are courting.

One of those kind of things. My camera does not do them justice. I will try and charge my actual vid camera for better quality.

@HeathersHobbie wrote:
So I put some mysis in a bowel to dethaw it and did the squirt method near their direction that they were looking for and tada! snick snick snick. [smilie=clapping.gif] said:
So wait.... if I understand this correctly, you put mysis in a bowel??? As in someone's backside? And then you let it "dethaw" as in the opposite of thaw?

I'm just messin' with ya! Good Luck with the seahorses!!! I had a 10 gallon with two before and they were so much fun to have.

Here's a pic:
[attachment=0]IMG_0645small.jpg[/attachment]

XD Oh goodness, I should read over what I type. I never do, though. Thanks for spotting them, I am still looking for ways to get them to come to the feeding station with out have to spot feed them.

Persehpone and Hades are doing very well. Currently Persephone is dancing to her refection. It's cute to watch and Hades only shows off when I am looking for him in the rocks. He likes to hide in all the nooks and cranies and comes running when its feeding time. While Hades is hypers, Persephone is calm and meek and very subduded. Its adorable to watch them I have to say if I were to order from the Seahorse Source, I would do so again. I plan on it actually in the future for at least another pair.

I'll take pictures soon, as I had my surgery today and am now on the mend.
Take care everyone.
Heather.

Yey yey yey!

My male is looking fat. Pouch fat that is.
As I was walking out the door I had given Hades and Persephone there breakfast and what were they doing. None other than the happy puff the pouch. Hades was doing rapid collor changing and the pouch thing.

Even a few days ago I was like, man he's moody not even wanting to come out and say hi. Well there he was dancing and pouching at the same time. I suspect I may have babies and this is my first pair...

So ah... perhaps I might be a grandma soon.

Congradulations! I wish you the best with those. Babies are alot of work and I enjoyed the entire process. Good luck with that!

As of this morning sometimes in the hours when I went to bed and woke up. I turned the light on and omg I am mommy! Hades had about 30 or so of his little minions this morning.
Considering I missed the birth and had no idea when he was going to pop, I most likely of lost more. They are eating some baby brineshrimp and are in there very own breeding area. So step by step here we go. First time around, wish me luck, picts coming soon.

Heather.

Gas bubble!

My first pouch evac. Was that scary or what! Sure enough with a little squeeze and some teazing with a bobby pin the gasbubble came out. Poor guy cause he was swimming upside down.

I was so nervous, Hades seems to be doing well. we just had another Brood of minions two days ago. 40+ babies. I have decided that I am going to keep my tank closed, so what ever babies survive, survive. :) thats all for now.

Heather

Beautiful! We have a separate 18 gallon cube that we have used for an anemone and clowns, but thought about doing seahorses in there. My hubby says they are too hard and said no way. LOL!