My Tank, 90 % Done but I have some questions ? New pictures.

Thanks Ron. So do you not recomend the stablilty or Liqiud Calcium yet ? I have glass covers (the ones that cam with the tank) over the tank to kepp the salt off the lights, would this have anything to do with my tank temp being so high ? Like 84...I know its bad... Ive got to get some honeywell fans tomarrow, heard those were pretty good. We"ll see. Here are some pictures.

Hey Braedon,

Don't add anything to your water right now, since you bought saltwater from the LFS the only thing that is "usually" different from ideal is their salinity, as most keep it around 1.021SG. All you have to really do is get the water in, provide a little flow, throw in a piece of fresh shrimp to kick off the cycle and start testing your water, You will first see ammonia rise then start to lower as nitrites rise which then lowers as nitrates rise. As you know, when ammonia and nitrates are zero and nitrates are not astronomical then you add your clean-up crew and continue waiting. You will see all kinds of algae develop but don't worry, you don't have to try to suck it out or anything because that is part of the normal progression of a cycling tank. I personally wouldn't add anything until nitrates are in the ~20-30ppm range or you can wait till all levels are zero before you put livestock(fish/corals) in, either way I would do a 20-25% water change before I put anything in. I'm sure you will get a few varying opinions on this but in the end take all advice, do your own research and make your decision based on everything you have learned. Never take one person's opinion on the health and well being of your tank, in the end it's your piece of the ocean and it's your responsibility to ensure it's health and well-being.

Cheers!

@Reefnoob wrote:
Thanks Ron. So do you not recomend the stablilty or Liqiud Calcium yet ? I have glass covers (the ones that cam with the tank) over the tank to kepp the salt off the lights said:
Take the glass covers off, I responded to your other post as well - good luck :)