My Return Pipe has... gas?

Well..... So I took a few gal of water out and turned down the return pump. The water levels seem to be better in the sump and the gulping happens a lot less. So almost there! .... The only problem is that since I am using the HOB skimmer the lower water levels mean that it no longer can get enough water in. The skimmer is gasping for water..... So one problem almost solved and another created. haha .... So close, yet so far. :) 

I'm sure there is a way to modify it... It looks like pvc. In a perfect world, I would get an in sump skimmer... But my wife has implemented this whole "budget" thing.... and I need to stop "spending" so freely on the tank.  I've been watching the forums here and on craiges list to see if a good deal comes up. I'd like to get something that is rated for a 120g heavy bio load. Not that I'll need it, but would rather have and not need than need.... and then need to spend more. :) 

Oh if it is pvc it shouldn't be a problem. You only have to extend like an inch or two right?Just don't know if it will affect performance or operation. You might contact thr manufacturer or maybe someone here has the same skimmer and has modifed and knows.... anyone...?What was make and model of skimmer again?

Gotta hate the "budget" my wife has said the same thing. I always say "but you want the fish to be happy right?" usually works for me. LOLDid you try bringing the drains up a bit? That may help the burping.

I have the Reef Octopus 100 INT and it works very well about $180.00. So it doesn't break the bank but still performs.

I think they have one for $65 :)http://www.dfwmas.org/community/dry-goods-for-saletrade/100-gallon-saltwater-tank-and-other-dry-goods/Just make sure dimensions will fit your area.