MY 29 Gallon Nano

OK here it is... I have been slowly working on it..

I got a 29 BIO
The back compartments were retorfitted when i first got it to a refugium.
Now i have gone all out...

I have added a 20 Gallon Sump refugium which includes a skimmer rated for up to a 150 Gallon tank.

I have over 100 lbs of live rock between the tank and the refugium and need to remove some but i have no were to put it because my main tank is full too... so yep once I figure out how much i need tomove i will be saling it for 3 a pound ...

OK so here are the pics....

Here are some more pictures.. This tank has been up for about 8 months and before that over 3 years..

I have a full clean up crew with an additional 6 Stars that I hand feed and 3 fish.

Kinda Over kill dude! but I love it I bet its gonna look awsome

I just had to redo my 29 gallon Bio, I did a few things differently
In the 1st compartment I kept the filter and added a protein skimmer for the bio cube
2nd chamber I loaded with as much chopped up pieces of tonga branch as I could find
third chamber just has a sponge and my heater.
I'm too lazy to take any pics tonight as I have been messing with my tanks all night.

B

Matthew_sample

what happens if your return pump from the sump fails? Is there enough water in the back of the original tank to make it through all 3 chambers and back into the display - or does any extra just flow down into the sump?

TB

there is enough water. Basically what happens is if the return fail it fails .. I still have the pump in the 3rd area and a circulation pump going in the tank.

I basically hooled it up just like a big tank and if I have a pump failure there is little to no drainage because I have the line far enough up in the chamber that i have plenty of water flow. and the differance is not even noticed.

Looks great. What kind of evaporation do you have with that full setup?? I see the stock hood probably helps, but all that water travel must cause some irregular evaporation.

the normal ....
i have a 2 stage auto fill hooked up to the sump..

But i got through a little more then just the Bio because the light on the sump...

not to mention i think the pods keep drinking it..