my 12g nano..5.5inch Mantis Shrimp..new pictures.

G

Check out my 12g nano..its abou 18months old..

no clean up crews hahah..my big mantis eats all of them for dinner, excpet for his buddy the tomato clown..

Specs:
12g JBJ
retro-fitted 56watt PC lighting,
2moon lights.

Looks very nice. Do you get nervous cleaning it. Putting you hand in the tank to clean it is about the only and best way I have found to keep the nanocube tank clean.

Does your mantis beat on the tank much? Mine lives in a 5 gal, plastic tank from Petsmart and she beats the snot out of the thing. I would love to put her in a nano, but fear that she would eventually break the glass. :shock:

He's actually pretty well tamed..he will come up to you when feeding time....he only bangs on the snails and shell critters when i put them in there...pretty peaceful mantis...

@King_Nemo wrote:
He's actually pretty well tamed..he will come up to you when feeding time....he only bangs on the snails and shell critters when i put them in there...pretty peaceful mantis... said:
haha, that just seems a little too contradictory for me, peaceful mantis. I'm with Chris, I'd probably be a little (understatement) paranoid if I had to clean or move anything. Cool mantis by the way, those guys are becoming more and more intriguing to me.

@King_Nemo wrote:
He's actually pretty well tamed..he will come up to you when feeding time....he only bangs on the snails and shell critters when i put them in there...pretty peaceful mantis... said:
Consider yourself lucky. Mine only comes out to beat on the tank, hunt snails, try killing the powerhead (spends much of her day doing this) or trying to get my fingers when I'm cleaning the tank. :lol: It doesn't hurt that badly when I get smashed, but it always startles the beejezus out of me, which causes me to pull my hand out of the water fast and splash all over the place. :roll:

mantis1.jpg
alt="">

never beats on wall or glass..only shell fish critters..and come sout for food and doesnt hit u..takes the food and run..hahah..