Moving to Florida with my fish

aechild

Membership Expired
Next month I will be moving to Florida.  I will be bringing my prized 2 year old flowerhorn.  I'm trying to get a game plan together in order to maximize the chance he will survive the trip. My vehicle has an inverter so keeping an air stone /heater won't be an issue. The drive will most likely take 3 days, they plan would be have the movers pack up his tank the day before the move and put him in a 5 gallon bucket a total of 4 days. Is this the best plan or are their better options like shipping him?

I don't have any experience transporting or shipping fish, but I would say you will be fine transporting yourself. Sounds like you have a good plan.If it was me I would use: - a sponge/air filter (pre-seeded in the tank/sump until move day)    http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/sponge-filter-hydra.html - heater - Seachem Stress Guard or similar    (Treat during and after, probably only need a drop or 2 a day for 5 gallon bucket.) - Extra bucket of water (1 gallon water change each day.) - Food for the tripHope that helps and good luck on the move!