Miracle Grow for Phyto..

Just checking before I do something wrong. Is there any particular type of miracle grow to add? Don't they make all sorts of liquid plant vitamin blends?

Ok..what am I doing wrong.

I had a nice strong batch of phyto, and decided to try Marc's recipe.

I rinsed, cleaned 2 new 2L coke bottles (should I use bleach - I didn't?)

Mixed tap water to a salinity of 1.019

1/2 bottle of good phyto

5ml of miracle gro.

I mixed all together, hooked it up to air pump with rigid tubing and airline and it crashed by the next morning -this happened 2x this week.

What would cause it to crash straight away? I could think of only 3 possibilities and don't know which one it could be.

a) Something in the water -this is rural water, there does seem to be a lot chorine in our water
b) Miracle gro bad (5ml seemed like a lot)
c) Contaminants in the bottle/tubing

I need to get a good culture going again,I'm getting low with 3 bottles crashing and am on my last bit to start a new one going. I'd like to start a new bottle today, what would you change in the above to prevent an immediate crash?

Maybe you have the wrong miracle grow bottle? There are different kinds.

I put 5ml per bottle, plus 1 ml Kent's Essential Elements.

That being said, if you have a system that is working, why are you using a different recipe now?

FYI,
I use 1ml Miracle Grow (all purpose liquid plant food) per 2L bottle. I also add 1ml of Kent trace elements, and 1 ml of dissolved vitamin B12. I also mix RO/DI to 1.019 salinity. Never had a crash in the past 2 yrs....maybe just lucky. I think I ended up using DT's for my original culture...about a cap full.
Charley

If you used the tap right away without dechlorination, you probably killed the phyto with the free chlorine in the water. Make the mix up a few days before using or use a dechlorination solution.