Mike's 260g Rimless Starphire Build

5 x AI Vega Color . . . but I am thinking about getting the AI Hydra FiftyTwo. I definitely don't need the extra output as I can't run the whites at more than 50% and have the center fixture running at even less where I have a lot of LPS located but it is hard to resist getting the latest and greatest.

@Mike wrote:
5 x AI Vega Color . . . but I am thinking about getting the AI Hydra FiftyTwo. I definitely don't need the extra output as I can't run the whites at more than 50% and have the center fixture running at even less where I have a lot of LPS located but it is hard to resist getting the latest and greatest. said:
HAve you heard if they are replacing the Vega with the Hydra 52? I got that feeling at MACNA as they had 6 tanks on display- 3 with the Hydra and 3 with the Hydra 52. You would think they would have configured some of those tanks with vegas and sol so you could compare the outputs of all of them.

I have not but I know they said they would have Vega upgrade kits. Fixin' to make a call here soon to find out though :)

@Titus wrote:
[I]@Mike wrote:[/I][quote="5 x AI Vega Color . . . but I am thinking about getting the AI Hydra FiftyTwo. I definitely don't need the extra output as I can't run the whites at more than 50% and have the center fixture running at even less where I have a lot of LPS located but it is hard to resist getting the latest and greatest. said:
HAve you heard if they are replacing the Vega with the Hydra 52? I got that feeling at MACNA as they had 6 tanks on display- 3 with the Hydra and 3 with the Hydra 52. You would think they would have configured some of those tanks with vegas and sol so you could compare the outputs of all of them."]
They want to show you the latest and greatest not old technology so you want to sell the old ones and buy the new ones

Mike, I need to drool over you tank sometime when I'm in Plano. Absolutely spectacularly gorgeous.... very reef envious :D Here's to future growth, and progress. Post some more pics!

Mike, you have had two photography classes IN YOUR HOME. Post some pictures.

As some of you are aware, my new job is taking up too much of my time to allow for maintaining this system so I am in the process of breaking it down. But, before I did that, I took a couple of quick pictures so I would have an idea of how much things grew out. So, without further ado, the final update:

[attachment=1]260-1.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]260-2.jpg[/attachment]