Mediccby's 20 Gallon Reef tank

mediccby

Premium Member
Ok I finally got me another saltwater tank going. I bought a 20gal tank last time Petco had their $1 per gallon sale.

10-15-22
Last week I traded an old tank for about 30 lbs. of live rock. I kept in filtered and had a power head in on it.

10-21-22 Did a small water change on the live rock to keep everything good.

10-22-12
Monday I painted the back of the tank black.

Monday night I modified an aqua clear 50 to be my refurgium.

10-26-12
Friday picked up 30 lbs of live sand ($20) from a friends tank. Also got about 15 gallons of water from his water change. I even bought a CPR back pack skimmer from him for $40. On the way home I picked up 5 gal of saltwater from saltwater paradise.

Friday night I put up the tank. I got everything set up. I even placed all my live rock blind. I couldnt see what it was going to look like becouse of the sand storm i had.

10-27-12
Saturday morning to my supprise I did a good job aqua scapping
[attachment=2]Day Lights on 10-27-2012.jpg[/attachment]

AC50 DIY refurgium
[attachment=1]Aqua Clear 50 DIY refurgium resize.jpg[/attachment]

Back Pack 2 skimmer
[attachment=0]CPR Back Pak 2 Skimmer resize.jpg[/attachment]

Does anyone have any Ideas what fish I should put in here? The only requirement from the boss (my 6 y/o daughter is a Nemo)

You could add Gurgle (Royal Gramma Basslet) and of course you need a Jaque (cleaner shrimp) :)

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Last night I was looking at my tank under the night lights and saw what appears to be Orange Coralline algae.
[attachment=1]10-31-2012 Orange Coralline algae pic 1.jpg[/attachment][attachment=0]10-31-2012 Orange Coralline algae pic 2.jpg[/attachment]

11-02-12
I did a 3 gallon water change at 8 am. 12:00pm I had the water checked all levels are good to go. Miguel at Saltwater Paradise said I was ready to get fish.

11-05-12
I bought a true lumen 12k LED lunar light to make a refugium light. I also got a true lumen LED Strip, 453nm Actinic Blue to add a shimmer effect and to add to the night lighting.

I plan to make a DIY PVC housing for both lights using a acrylic updraft tube for the lights to shine through. I will post pictures of the build.

I looked at fish today. I am still trying to decide on the first fish. I really do to want a damsel or chromis. I am kinda looking at a blenny or a gobie.

Hint: any thoughts would be helpful.