Marine center - Marine center good or bad?

[I ordered from Marine center and got some rock 15lbs. with no life visible little corraline that wasn't good or bad for the money. They did sell me a large star polyps rock it was covered in coraline and had little bumps on it but only about 2 polyps will come out the rest look like little bumps were they had previsly been on there but covered in coriline, they said they should come out in 2 to 3 weeks. Is this true? They also sent me what they called flower coral but it looks like a mushroom leather coral. I don't know what the deal is but I exepect a call back today to see if they will resolve any of the problems. The regal tang was wonderful looking but the medium looked small at about 3-4" . I'll let you know what happens. ??? ???]

[I've ordered star polyps from the marine center in the past and had the same results. Of 3 different orders I have been dissatisfied with the size of coral ordered from there. As far as the fish and other invertabrates they seem to ship quality livestock. Wish they would allow you to physically pick up your order.]

[I have ordered from MC several times and have not been disappointed. I've only ordered LR, LS, and fish, but all have been a good value. On the other hand, my most recent order from them has to be nearly a year ago (my tank's fairly well set up). On the other hand, their number is still on the speed dial of my mobile phone.

Later, James.]

[I've ordered several things from them. I got 50lbs of live rock from them. It was well packed and the pieces were nice. Very little life on the rock themselves, very little coraline.

I also ordered 50lbs of base rock months later. The packaging was pretty bad. The box leaked and the rock was just put in a trash bag and rolled up in newspaper. A lot of the rock was gravel sized. Some good sized pieces as well though. Again, no life on these, but what would you expect from base rock.

I've gotten some of their live sand and I was very happy with that. Lots of life in the sand I got.

For the price, I think the marine center is pretty good. They deliever to DFW pretty cheaply and that'll save you big bucks. I've never bought any of their livestock, so I can't really comment on that end of things. HTH]

[I have order from TMC many time always great. Hundreds of pounds of live rock and lots of fish, coral, clams, inverts. All have done very well I have fish and corals bought from TMC that are over three years old. HTH]

[My main complaint with MC is when i first got into the hobby, I ordered thier live sand. Well 8 months after I ordered it a reefer came over and said, "Hey thats crushed coral". He was right... :(]