Lighting for DSA Neo nano 34g frag tank

Any suggestions for led lighting for a frag tank? I am only interested in LEDs. So please keep your suggestions on topic. The tank is 24x24x15 I think. I just got the plumbing done. I'm planning on plumbing in with our 175. I am considering the AI Hydra or Radion Pro. I am not limited to these two. They just come to mind. I like the price of the hydra.
mugybudu.jpg
alt="">

Matt

You def don't need a pro for the depth of that tank. I would get a radion gen 3 it will grow anything you want it to. I'm not a fan of the AI lights they have a lot of color bleed. The led's are so big you see the individual colors on the live rock. I purchased the vega and turned around and sold it I was so dissatisfied.

Just my 2 cents. I have the gen 3's and love them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the price of them. I only need one for the tank. I would probably get the director instead of the controller. It's not that much more expensive.

Have you any trouble with coral growth?

Matt

Jared, that's why I didn't include the vega in my list. Supposedly the color bleed has been corrected with the hydras. I may be wrong. But that's what I've read in reviews between hydra and vega.

Matt

It's also hard for me to justify 650 bucks for a fixture compared to 400. Not out of the question. But if I can get good growth and colors from a hydra then I think it's the best way to go. It's a shallow tank too. I'm just stuck right now. I know the radion is a great fixture. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into the cheaper fixture if it will accomplish the same thing.

Matt

Just off assumption and looking f design of the lenses I just assumed they are all like that. The 3rd gen from what I've seen has amazing growth from other tanks as mine is pretty new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the help. I haven't made a decision yet. I am leaning towards hydra because of the price and because it's a shallow tank. I'm not really interested in DIY. I can solder and all that stuff but I don't want to mess with it. I also like having software to set up the lights.

I have the reef-breeders value fixture on the same tank and haven't had any trouble growing anything I have put in there.

If I remember correctly I'm not too far from you in Saginaw, you're welcome to come by and take a look if you're interested.

Second Vote for the reefbreeders. Either a single value fixture, or the Photon 16 would be great. I would go with the 120 optics on the Photon 16, or no optics on the value. Both are great fixtures and will grow anything you put under them.

If I go with the reef breeders I will probably go with the photon unless they get the one updated that's specifically for cubes of my size. However I will need the light soon so that may not be an option.

Matt

Radion gen 2 is what I have and it is more then enough. I run mine at 60% only. If you want a radion gen 2 PM me and I can give you info to a guy selling some.
8uhyjeta.jpg
alt="">
3ugaqeje.jpg
alt="">