LFS CUCs

Anyone have any suggestions for what LFS east of the airport has the best price/selection on clean up crews?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk.

I have not found anyone that offers a real CUC locally. You can occasionally stumble upon some snails, maybe a sand sifter, or a few hermits at Neptunes and DNA.
I've used https://www.saltwaterfish.com/Reef-Packages_c_2.html with their free shipping and http://www.reefcleaners.org with good success.

My serpent starfish from saltwater.com that I purchased in February are still going strong.

BTW Plano Pets is moving and having a sale on all of their stock if you are bored. :p

I usually order mine (last 3-4 years) from Reefstogo.com (a sponser). They're usually quite good. I had one bad order, but they credited me for all the deceased critters.Today I have an order coming from reef cleaners, 1st time ordering from them. They had some neon gobies in stock I wanted, so I ordered a bunch of snails & crabs too. I restock my CUC's a couple times a year.

R2G is a no go... 2 orders, 2 bad experiences, so I am done with them.

I really would prefer buying local, so I can add things slowly. I would rather add a dozen guys a month than a ton of stuff at once. I also find that the online packages always include things I don't want.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S 4g using Tapatalk.

reefcleaners.org is the only place I will ever go to for snails.

Every LFS i have tried to get quality CuC from has been a disaster. 2 of the more known LFS are especially horrendous quality.

EDITED: names of stores

Aquatic Design is fairly priced if you buy in multiple of 5-10. Selection is kinda thin, but you can get some crabs and snails.
Exotic design has a sign up in the back with several size cuc's. I don't think it was cheap but they have more stuff. Prob better off spending 20-30$ at each place for variety.

My order from Reef Cleaners is mostly great except 8 out 12 cerith haven't moved yet. If they don't move by tomorrow morning I'll know for sure they're dead or empty. I got 4 neon gobies, 3 are active 1 is shy, none are cleaning my tang yet! Baby turbos look great, most are working.I got 3 extra large shrimp, looked healthy & are hiding. Tiny nassarius snails all went into the substrate. I got 2 small sand sifting conch & they're working. The large & small blue leg crabs all seem to have survived & are active. I'm pleased with my order except disappointed in the 8 cerith that may be dead. I would order from them again.

@txbj wrote:
My order from Reef Cleaners is mostly great except 8 out 12 cerith haven't moved yet. If they don't move by tomorrow morning I'll know for sure they're dead or empty. I got 4 neon gobies said:
Florida Ceriths? I followed their advice on acclimating those and it did take a day or so for them to start moving around. Don't give up on them yet!

I thought ceriths were also nocturnal. My ceriths litter the sand bed until the lights go out, then they're everywhere.

yes, they are the Florida ones. They're big guys. I won't assume they are dead till tomorrow. Maybe they're sleeping till lights out again. My lights were off during acclimation, but came on about 2 hours later.

Thanks for everyone's input. I normally work from home in the middle of no where, but today I worked in downtown Dallas. I used this as an opportunity to hit some LFSs after work. First I went and took a peak at Saltwater Paradise, as I had never been there. The plan from there was to hit DNA to see what MACNA stuff they had, then go hit the Plano stores on my way home. I got to DNA and found that while they had several of the used MACNA tanks there, they were still WAY to pricey to catch my interest. While there I checked out the snails and crabs. The snails seemed expensive to me, but they had hermit crabs for $1.43 each when bought in 5 and applying the club discount, so I got a dozen of them. With livestock in hand, I decided to skip the Plano stores and head home. I am thinking I will probably try reefcleaners for snails at some point but stick with getting crabs locally.

@shse666 wrote:
Good idea. I hear some of those foreign crabs can be hard to get rid of... [I]@Titus wrote:[/I][quote="I am thinking I will probably stick with getting crabs locally. said:
"]
So I take it not all your far east trips have gone the way you planned? [smilie=rofl.gif]

@Titus wrote:
[I]@shse666 wrote:[/I][quote="Good idea. I hear some of those foreign crabs can be hard to get rid of... [I]@Titus wrote:[/I][quote="I am thinking I will probably stick with getting crabs locally. said:
"]
So I take it not all your far east trips have gone the way you planned? [smilie=rofl.gif]"]

[smilie=rofl.gif] [smilie=rofl.gif]

Whenever I ordered my CUC from ReefCleaners.org i had ordered about 150 snails. A good majority of them being cerith.

It took them almost 4 days for them all to finally move away from where they dropped. Out of the 150 MAYBE 10 died either in tank or in transit - and 3 were nass.

I would give it some time for them to acclimate to the water and environment they are in before calling them dead and fish them out.