Leaking bulkhead

I have a small leak on my 2 inch bulkhead leading from my sump to my pump. The leak is from where the piping goes into the bulkhead. As to not have to replace it and the ball valve could I seal around where the pipe meets the bulkhead with epoxy? If not epoxy what? Or am i doomed and need to replace the ball valve and bulkhead?

Thanks

Craig

are you using teflon tape. if so make sure to wrap it opposite of how the nut goes on so when you screw the nut the tape is not unwound.

it cant be leaking where pipe slips into the bulkhead if so it would be going into where water comes into the pipe and into the pump which isn't a problem. the leak has to be on the threaded side or there is no seal where the gasket is. either cause of sand, detritus or you over tighten the bulkhead.

Where it is glued into the bulkhead can leak because on the inside you can see the pipe. I think I might not have gotten enought primer/glue where I go from the Union / ball valve attached to the pump then glued into the bulkhead.

Dry it off, and apply some silicone to the area.

They make stretch silicone tape that you wrap around leaks might see if that will work.

Usually most people don't go slip bulkead to the pump. As if you make a mistake you have to buy a new bulkhead. slip is usually on the wet side and threaded is on the dry side. If you do have to replace it add a union after the valve or get a true union ball valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marc: What about when it is under pressure from the pump will it be ok then?

Kuyatwo: I will make sure next time to get the bulkhead to be threaded on the pump side as to not have this issue again.

When mending something like this, the pressure needs to be off for a number of hours.

And fwiw, I always glue slip plumbing into the outer section of the bulkhead. It's rare, but occasionally I'll end up with a leaky spot. There's one under my frag tank right now, which I had to glue in an impossible spot. I still need to deal with it myself.