Large cabbage coral - FREE - read details

Viewside Reef

Premium Member
I have what I believe is a cabbage coral. It started out as a tiny frag (maybe one an inch across) and has grown into one of the centerpieces of my tank. It is about 8 inches in diameter, is pink and has really cool, greenish tips what it's open and happy. I got it as frag from a member here several years ago.

Earlier this week it started secreting whitish mucus type stuff. I siphoned most out and used a net to get the rest. Two days later the tank was cloudy and all of my snails died. I also believe all of the pods (I had thousands of them all over the glass) disappeared. I have quite a few bristle worms (I like them as part of my clean up crew) and they would have been all over the dead snails and they are nowhere to be found. A few of my corals (I have all softies) also wilted and look bad. My largest polyp frag seems to be a bit annoyed but I think it will make it.

I believe the discharge is some kind of toxin. This afternoon is started to secrete the stuff again so I feel like I need to get rid of the coral.

I am not sure if anyone would want a coral that is "on the rampage" but it would be a shame for one this large and established to be tossed in the trash. Perhaps someone can take it off my hands who might have a place for it?

Attached are are two pictures when it was happy and open and another of it today.

Message me and we can talk details. I'm near the intersection of 75 and 635 in Dallas.

If you want it and are willing to offer something in trade, that would be great but I realize I'm not in much of a bargaining position--ha! I like soft corals, even a smaller frag would be fine. My tank is a 20 gallon. Any misc. aquarium supplies are always needed.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_4057.jpg
    IMG_4057.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_4058.jpg
    IMG_4058.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5008.jpg
    IMG_5008.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
I have what I believe is a cabbage coral. It started out as a tiny frag (maybe one an inch across) and has grown into one of the centerpieces of my tank. It is about 8 inches in diameter, is pink and has really cool, greenish tips what it's open and happy. I got it as frag from a member here several years ago.

Earlier this week it started secreting whitish mucus type stuff. I siphoned most out and used a net to get the rest. Two days later the tank was cloudy and all of my snails died. I also believe all of the pods (I had thousands of them all over the glass) disappeared. I have quite a few bristle worms (I like them as part of my clean up crew) and they would have been all over the dead snails and they are nowhere to be found. A few of my corals (I have all softies) also wilted and look bad. My largest polyp frag seems to be a bit annoyed but I think it will make it.

I believe the discharge is some kind of toxin. This afternoon is started to secrete the stuff again so I feel like I need to get rid of the coral.

I am not sure if anyone would want a coral that is "on the rampage" but it would be a shame for one this large and established to be tossed in the trash. Perhaps someone can take it off my hands who might have a place for it?

Attached are are two pictures when it was happy and open and another of it today.

Message me and we can talk details. I'm near the intersection of 75 and 635 in Dallas.

If you want it and are willing to offer something in trade, that would be great but I realize I'm not in much of a bargaining position--ha! I like soft corals, even a smaller frag would be fine. My tank is a 20 gallon. Any misc. aquarium supplies are always needed.

Thanks everyone!
Is this still available????