Koralia won't start

Disconnected it to rinse out in freshwater... Now it won't start. Tried plugging it in both ways, different outlets. I know its not the outlets since the MJs work fine.

Don't know how to remove the front cover to clean it out if the impeller is jammed. I've tried but it seems really stuck on there. I guess I need the strength of 1000 men or something, lol.

TIA

I just took a couple of mine apart this weekend to clean

The covers get a slight twist to come off. It's not a thread, more of a click or tab.

if you have a bunch of coralline they may be fused together, so you may want to try soaking them in vinegar (or a mild acid solution) first

The center section is a twist and lock connection. It can be a little difficult sometimes to take apart if it has some growth on it. Twist counter clock wise to unlock.

Finally... Had to use a plastic jar opening cloth and a towel... Lots of swear words...

But it still won't start. Rinsed it out really well and put everything back together. It doesn't want to start. Sigh. It's my only source of surface agitation too.

Edit...

Got it to go but now its making a loudish "whirr" noise. Compared to the silence it had before cleaning it out. I give up. This is annoying.

Edit again

Whirring noise is vibrations travelling up the cord and hitting the glass cover. Thank goodness I was about to lose my mind.

Thanks for the help.. The cover is ridiculoudly hard to take off!

take the cover off and just put the impeller on and nothing else...
then pulg it in and see it is turns...

If it does then go from there.. besure nothing is in a bind as you put it together.. once all together use your finger to turn the impeller to make sure it truns Freely..

This is the only thing I'm not liking about these powerheads. Our #1's do that a lot. I just stick a skewer through the cover and poke at the impeller, usually kicks right back on.

I have a nano going back to Hydor for a replacement for the exact same reason. Have to slightly move impeller to restart.