Kessil, Radion, Chinese LED, Rapid, Marineland

Tinyfish

Membership Expired
I have each of these on a different tank. I purchased the Kessil A350 after going to the frag swap. Sure enough, even on my tanks I have to say that the color is just better. A close second is the Radion at twice the price. Why these are so difficult to program I don't know. I do have a first generation so maybe they are better now. The chinese fixture is fine for the price. It covers a wide area but I don't think the colors are as good.

I have a Rapid LED 38PAR bulb above my Pico and it seems OK. I wish I could control the colors or dim but at $80 I guess I can't have everything. The Marineland is not bright at all. It has the two rows of LEDs instead of the three but still I think it should be brighter.

What does everyone think about the full spectrum 165w chinese led? I have great colors and growth but possibly looking to move to a vega color or onyx... it's a 24g cardiff tank. Not trying to break the bank but what would be best bang for buck in the used led lightning market?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

The full spectrum one is ok. I have built and used DIY kits for years. They work great, but colors seem to shift to a green color. Once I switched to Kessil my colors are closer to T5s. Only down side is you get a disco ball effect. At first you may not like it. But I have grown to love the look, since my corals are growing good with better colors.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

@FiberglassMonkey wrote:
What does everyone think about the full spectrum 165w chinese led? I have great colors and growth but possibly looking to move to a vega color or onyx... it's a 24g cardiff tank. Not trying to break the bank but what would be best bang for buck in the used led lightning market? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk said:
Had them before and I don't know why the kessil MIX of colors works better but it does, maybe since they are mixed up in small spot the corals get all colors at near the same level but my SPS is coloring up and growing better with Kessils .

@rckrzy1 wrote:
[I]@FiberglassMonkey wrote:[/I][quote="What does everyone think about the full spectrum 165w chinese led? I have great colors and growth but possibly looking to move to a vega color or onyx... it's a 24g cardiff tank. Not trying to break the bank but what would be best bang for buck in the used led lightning market? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk said:
Had them before and I don't know why the kessil MIX of colors works better but it does, maybe since they are mixed up in small spot the corals get all colors at near the same level but my SPS is coloring up and growing better with Kessils ."]

Yea we liked the look of your tank when we saw it. I'm trying to figure out what to swap to... they are working great tho, maybe I'll Stick it out for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk