Kelly's 58 Reef

Hey folks.
I've been on this site since 2009 and have never "shared it all", in regard to a tank build.
I thought it was time to finally document my tank with my fellow reefers.
So, consider this thread a documentary, rather than a build thread.

I started with a used 58 gallon oceanic tank when upgrading from my 40 breeder.

The tank features a Current Sundial T5HO 4X39W with an actinic LED stunner which sits on legs, inside a canopy, over my DIY screen lid.
c49f8963.jpg
alt="">

I drilled the tank myself, and built the plumbing/overflow as well.
3c59fa45.jpg
alt="">

The overflow drains into a 20 long Petsmart special where an SWC 200 collects skimate.
637900f5.jpg
alt="">

A Sicce return pump returns water to the display with DIY plumbing as well.
04de7c52.jpg
alt="">

Folks, I'll have to apologize as these photos are taken with a phone.

Here's a full tank shot. Flow is handled by a used Koralia "4", and a used MP10.
d069ffb8.jpg
alt="">
f70c95df.jpg
alt="">

I used Tufa rock almost exclusively.

I'm sure a lot of you have nifty little tools you use as often as I have. It's handy that my mother-in-law works at a hospital:
a08a5f03.jpg
alt="">

I dose MB7 by Brightwell, and daily Vodka per the instructions from reefkeeping, it's gone well.
I also make my own calcium supplement and alkalinity per the instructions from reefkeeping as well.

Let's move on to livestock.
Coral:
9 different Acans
1 Lobophyllia
Tyree Creamsicle Chalice
Vivid's Hybrid Watermelon Chalice
Jayda's Pink Watermelon Chalice
2 Frogspawn
1 Duncan
Red Mushrooms
Fruit loops Zoanthids
Tubbs Blues Zoanthids
Cherry Corals Cherry Charms Palys
Solomon Islands Watermelon Zoanthids
Armor of God Zoanthids
Whammin Watermelon Zoanthids
Radioactive Dragon Eyes (Or similar Morph)
Fish:
Black and White Mis-bar clown
Lubbock's Fairy Wrasse
Radiant Wrasse
McKosker's Flasher Wrasse
Royal Gramma.

Invertebrates:
Pair of cleaner shrimp
Sand Sifting Star
Various snail sp and crab sp

Man those acans are nice makes me want to start up acans again. any of those in the pics the ones we traded for awhile back?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet I may have to get back into acans now that I got rid of the file fish that ate 80% of my acans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are certainly sweet. I seem to have trouble finding acans that are outside the reds, oranges, or greens.
I'd like more variation in color.
I do find them, but for outrageous prices for single polyps from online vendors.
Most of mine came from members or Frank's Tanks.
Sexy Corals and Cherry Corals both have a great selection, but are a bit too pricey for my socioeconomic status...

Yes I've been on the lookout for some different acans but it seems most of our local stores have the same two variations (that I already have).. I havnt seen anything different. I hope to find some good stuff at MACNA but it's my first one and I don't know what to expect.