kalkwasser reactor help

Okay, now that i have my new sump in i need to figure out how to do my kalkwasser reactor. It is a PM Kalkwasser reactor and the instructions say to fill it up with slurry and the fill it up with water. Once it is full the pump should run a minimum of 4 times a day for 10-15 min to ensure super saturation. I am going to be using my litermeter to run it from my top off tank and here is what i would like to do.

top off > litermeter in> litermeter out> Kalkwasser in > Kalkwasser out > sump

My question is this: Since the litermeter runs constantly during the day, is it okay if it runs when the kalkwasser reactor is mixing. I thought you were supposed to pull from the "middle" of the kalk mix and the sediment was at the bottom. If it is pumping into the tank while it is mixing, would that not harm the tank with the concentration of kalk? Or is it okay since the reactor is sealed, the kalk is protected from the co2 in the air and is still safe for use. Please advise, sorry for the long post. this stuff just scares me with all of the horror stories i have read.

As long as you are not dripping at a high rate, you should be ok. I had mine on a constant drip, even when the reactor was mixing, and I never saw any problems. Just start with your drip rate very low and slowly move up. Just watch and make sure everything is looking ok. Also, keep a close watch on your pH and Ca and Alk. levels when you are starting.

I run the same setup, my RO runs off an ATO sensor into the sump through the PM Kalk Reactor via the Litermeter pump, it pulls the water into the chamber and pushes it out into the sump. I have had no problems running my complete top off (roughly 3 gallons or so per day) through the reactor.

I put in a half to 3/4 of a bag of Mrs Wages about once a month or so. For the first week the alk and ca added is enough to where I don't need to dose my two-part.

I have the ATO powered into the controller as well with the program set to shut it off at 8.45. There have been a few times when it didn't keep things topped off completely, but they are rare.

I also have the stirring pump hooked to the controller and I shut the ATO off at 5am stir pump goes on for 20 mins then I have it set to power back on at 8 am. Once you have things setup and running a few days, it settles very quickly. You don't want it dosing while its stirring so set it up on a timer of some sort so its not powered on during the stirring period and allow a couple of hours for it to settle. It will always look a little cloudy, but that is noting to worry about.

Keep an eye on the line though as it will crust up on occasion and block the line. When that happens the pressure builds up in the reactor and it starts to leak out the seems on the top screw down. I generally blow it clear once a week and/or soak it in vinegar to clean it periodically.