Jebao/Jacod CP25

Got the Jebao Cross Flow today and it is in the tank.
I am running it in "Fixed Maximum Flow Rate" mode right now.
It tore my Dragon's breath off of it's rock.
Directions on adjustment are very sparse.
I might need to disassemble as it is mentioned that with both the Jebao and Maxspect there can be a problem with the bearings not being seated a the factory.
The pump seems to have a problem with one side not wanting to start.

Well I tore the pump down the way you do to clean it and seated the bushing good. After letting it run in some it is having any problems starting up anymore.
This was a real problem as all of the Modes except "Fixed Maximum Flow Rate" involve the pump stopping and restarting or reversing.
As I said the flow from this pump can be quite high I am running it at Max right now in a mode that reverses every so often.
To see how much garbage it will stir up and remove as opposed to just settling on the live rock.

I have not really figured out the Fixed Formula Wave Mode. The others were easy once the pump was functioning properly.
So far I am happy with it, it moves a ton of water.

Well an month and a Day later.
Still working like a charm.
I usually just run it in Fixed Maximum Flow Rate Mode.
As for the "reversing" it really does not reverse flow very well.
If you think about it the way it is designed it can't really reverse flow. A squirrel cage (which is basically what it is) just doesn't blow backwards.
Still a great item. Very pleased.

Thanks for the review Jerry. I'm thinking of purchasing one. What size is your tank?

I will be putting it on a 200g along with another conventional type of pump (mp60, Apex Wav, or Tunze).

Mine is a 65 Gallon and I am using the smaller one 20w the larger CP40 is 40w.
It is quite possible that you will have to disassemble and re-assemble it as the Jacods and the Maxspect both have problems with the bearings not being seated correctly at the factory.

Well 2 days ago my pump died. Looks like it is the controller.
A replacement will be shipped for $15.00 handling fee. Luckily I don't ship the dead one back.

I lost a pump after two and one half years of service...not bad but, I think I will not be purchasing another for my main pump.

The replacement is in the mail. Unfortunately Can't control that.
Sometimes you just get a bad one. Hopefully the replacement will last much, much longer. (warranty)

Well the replacement finally got here on October 15.
It makes a little more noise than the first, but then it started as soon as I plugged it in.
Let's see how it does.