Is anyone planning to chill in the Texas summer.

dynomonkey

Membership Expired
As I plan for the summer I must ask everyone if they have chillers. Last summer I was hovering around 82 degrees. 24g nano with 132w lights. I have upgraded the fans to SilenX 60x25mm Fan - 16db. (VERY QUIET). So i'm scared about adding noise to my house and boiling my fish. Anyone?

Does anyone have a preferred seller for chillers?

Dunno,

I much rather run a shorter light cycle then chill my tanks or run the AC in the house. I have a controller that will shut off the lights in my tank once it hits a high enough temperature. If this means a 4-6 hour light cycle, oh well.

If anything you could run a reverse light cycle during the hot season, lights on at night and off during the hot days.

Also keep in mind many pumps/powerheads are very warm runners. I know maxi-jets can very easily heat a 5 gallon bucket up to 90 degrees in a few hours.

P.S. I have highs of 83 during the summer, no ill effects I can see.

I am running a JBJ Artic 1/10 chiller on my 90g. It is so quiet that I really dont seem to hear it over the other misc sounds that aquariums make. I actually bought this one used at DNA. Marine Depot seemed to have the best prices online. Good luck.

No chiller here. I keep the house cool and have strong fanage in the canopy. But I am looking forward to my $600 summer electric bill :x

I have the 1/3 HP JBJ Arctica Titanium chiller and it is loud. They say on their webpage that they are quiet, but in fact I have to turn up the television when it trns on.

But it does a great job of keeping my tank at exactly the temp I want.