IS 70W MH good enough for what i want to use it for?

Is 70W MH is it strong enough for some sps. I keep softies, favoriting palys and zoas. I want to get one so my zoas and palys will grow bigger and spread more. Also im iterested in some birdsnest and a chalace or two. Like bubblegum monster or superman monti. I guess im asking if 70Watts is enough for what i want to keep and to help growth? So for so many questions im not experianced with anything but my aquapod with pc lighting. Thanks Bryce

too simple of a question im afraid. way more comes into play than just the wattage of the light. what size tank, what type light, etc...

@myownkeeper wrote:
you have seen my tank wes said:
duh, that or i could just read your signiture, lol.

what light were you considering?

you would probably be ok with anything under that bulb in the 10-12" range of the tank, but on the sand bed at or near 16" a 150 watt would benefit you more. step up to 150 watt normally isnt a big jump in cost either, biggest concern would be heat.

thinking about buying a 70W MH aquapod sunpod brand. It was the original lamp to come out for my tank. Now the 150 is out, but its $400 new. The guy only wants $100 for the 70W.

top half of the tank the lighting would be good enough for most sps, bottom half could support several types as well, but lighting isnt the only part of the puzzle with sps corals. some palys/zoas would like higher light as well and it wouldnt be too much of them at any level.