I'm thinking about diving in .....

Soooo after much studying , I think I'm going to establish a 10g seahorse tank
I bought the 10g tank back in october for the use of quarantine, but I don't really have the use for it now since my regal is cured ,so it's just ready for something new..
Just a 10g tank
HOB filter- I think this will be just enough flow,not very heavy at all.
right now the tank is bare bottom. (I'm thinking some live sand) apprx 20lb bag
some live rock(not many pieces , but maybe some nice branching one's would be nice)
and for seahorses I plan on buying two of these!!! (Their having a great sale on them!)
https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+40+2419&pcatid=2419
I need someone who has kept seahorse to advise me!!!

yeah that's what I've been reading..
I dont know if I'm going to have the time to devote to these guy's.....
They sound like a big responsibility

It's easy once you get the hang of it. However for a pair of either Erectus or Kuda I wouldn't recommend keeping them in anything smaller then 29g. Both species need temps in the 70s.

yeah they will eventually be moved into a setup similar to a 29g biocube...
the temp stays at about 76-77
They are quite small but have gotten bigger since I received them last week...
They fed the first night I got them
I feed them at 1pm-5pm-and 9pm-
They are amazing, I had no idea they could change colors like they have been doing!
I think I have two females, maybe I'm not sure I cant really tell if one has a pouch or not... maybe some of you can tell from looking at the pictures...
They have awesome personalities they're just like children they wrap their tails around each so that one of them can steal the others food!!
I'll get pics up!

I trained many seahorses to a feeding station. Patience is needed. Start by moving what ever it is you use to feed from towards the feeding station (Kohl's has great shell shaped bowls you can use) as you feed out, then drop the food into the dish. Soak the mysis in sw so it won't float as much.

A clear tube will also work. Put it in the dish and drop the food through the tube. She will see it fall and come to the dish.

It is really easiest to do this in a bb tank.

You can also bring her to the dish, but you can't make her eat there. :p Most will catch on in a week or so.

Be careful using live rock and sand. Seahorses are extremely sensitive to parasites that are mostly harmless in a normal reef tank.