I'm new here & dont know as much as i though - Qt tank

[I have a big tank that has been up and going for 3 years now.I have had to do this by myself with no help at all. The LFS is to far away so i get all my stuff off line.
I orderd some zoos & 2 clams from a place called Quality Corals. Now after i placed my order i have been readding here about some zoo bug eatters & diseases that thay can bring in.
SO here are my ??s
1st how long do i leave them in the QT tank.

2nd what is the best way to set one up.

3ed how will i know when the zoos are bug free & disease free and the clams are disease free as well.

4th the clams are small so i got some DTs will the zoos and other stuff eat this as well. How much & how often to feed it.

5th the clams are croceas so they need a lot of light how long can they do in the qt tank with so so light. The 125g has MH & VHOs

This is what i did if i am doing it wrong please help me out.

The QT tank is a 25g it has PCs on it. It is a 55w one side is blue & the other half is white.
The tank is in front of a window that gets the westward sun for added light.
I have one power head & a hang on the back filter on it.
I used the water out of the tank. Should i use the tank water for water changes?
Thanks for your time & this site .]

[http://www.dfwmas.org/NewsLetter/DFWMAS_aug04.html

Click that and scroll down to learn about QT tanks.

I heard it was bad to let you tank be exposed to sunlight.

Im far from an expert though so im sure everyone else will chime in]

[Well, the reasoning was that natural sunlight promotes algae.

But some folks have tanks that actually do well with the sun - I suppose it depends on how strong the lighting is, and for how long.]

[need2no,
Where in "Texas" are you located. There is probably somebody close to you who can help you out also, this board has people from all over.

Oh and Welcome.]