ich on healthy active fish

TheReeferBoss

Membership Expired
how long does ich usually take to go away on a healthy fish that goes in a tank and gets ich after in gets introduced to the tank, that whats happening to an atlantic pigmy angel that i have at the moment, the fish was ich free but after a one day some ich started to show up, the fish looks healthy and very active nad he also is eating as much as the day that i got him and they fed him at the store. the only thing i can think about is he got stressed out since the moron at the fish store was trying to get him out of the tank with a bunch of LR in it so he kept on hiding until he had to take most of the rock out in order to catch him, and he might of gotten really stressed out. [smilie=envy.gif]

Give him a few days if it has not started to clear you will have to treat him and tank.

Sent from inside the shark tank!

Yeah....the parasite has moved on to the next stage in its life cycle. If you don't treat the fish, the best thing that you can hope for is that it builds up immunity to the parasite. If that doesn't happen, the ich will come back worse once it completes its life cycle.

@Matt wrote:
[I]@TheReeferBoss wrote:[/I][quote="The ich was totally gone the next day said:
Probably due to the life cycle of the fish. Read more about that here:

http://atj.net.au/marineaquaria/marineich.html"]

I have had a lot luck thus far with the fish surviving ich without treatment. It got in the tank and hits pratically every new fish I get in small amounts. Each fish gets about 5 white dots. However it only effects the new fish for one life cycle, and after ichs first life cycle I don't see it again on any of the fish. 6 months running tank with 20 fish. I think I really stressed my fish out at the beginning because my hydrometer was way off. I was running my tank at 1.034. When it was reading 1.026. Refractometers are great.

Well crap, I've never had a problem with ich until now. I don't have a qt tank at the moment. What's the fastest way to build one? Is it even worth the trouble?? I would have to tear up the tank if I even try to get that little fella out. The fish looks so good at the moment but from what it looks like is that the ich is at the tomont stage and it can take days for it to come back if it does.

@denierlexiese wrote:
I have had a lot luck thus far with the fish surviving ich without treatment. It got in the tank and hits pratically every new fish I get in small amounts. Each fish gets about 5 white dots. However it only effects the new fish for one life cycle said:
I want your luck lol

Here's another option for QT system:

http://www.reefaddicts.com/content.php/372-My-Reef-Friendly-Quarantine-System