Ich on All Fish

Badbrad8500

Membership Expired
Hello all,

Skip to bottom for question.

I've had a reoccurring saga of ich over the last year or so: I bought a bunch of fish from 3 different sources. Two of the groups I QTed, then the other group came from a trusted place and I didn't. Obviously the trusted place wasn't to be trusted and all my fish got ich and flukes and at least one other disease. I battled for about a year then gave up and gave away all the fish.

I then let my tank sit fallow for TWELVE WEEKS...I thought long enough to let the ich starve out and die. During the fallow period, I ordered fish and put ALL of them through the TTM with PraziPro. I followed the TTM to the tee and never missed a transfer. Then I quarantined them for another 2 weeks and put them into the tank, which had been sitting fallow for again TWELVE WEEKS. I put the QTed fish into the fallow tank and it didn't take but 2 weeks to see ich reemerge on one of the tangs.

I've tried meds in the tank and obviously they just bandaid the problem for awhile then the ich comes back stronger than ever. I'm done trying to fight it.

I'm going to preferably let the tank sit for 6 months without fish, I'd hate to get rid of all the coral and bleach everything, but I guess that's an option too.

My question: is there anyone in the metroplex (LFS or individual) that will treat and keep fish for a fee?