I may have learned someting new... Pcs added

So i have a few nems and i have found out something i think as intersting..

I had 2 of the many nems that have been moving around always trying to find the right place to stay..

What i did was take a smal caly pot .. The smalles i could find.. I put the nem in it without flow for an hour.

I put the pot so that it gets ligh but not to much and the flow is aonly reaching the upper part.. It's body is in the pot..

it seems that they do not like heavy flow around there bodies but like it on the top..
This atleast is what I think i have discovered and now that they are in pots they do not move.

It also gives the clowns a tunnel if you will to go into and they like it as well..

Just thought i would share what i have found incase someone else wants to try it if they have a nem moving all around.

I will take some later when the lights come all the way on...

i got one in my mai tank and i did the same thing in my 40.. so far they seem to be ahppy with there new home..

O and I actually moved the one nem from the 40 to the main tank in the pot and it never moved.. which tells me that it likes the pot very much..

been playing with this for 2 mothns now trying to see if there is a change and there is not.. They seem to stay no mater were you put them..

It may be the surounding area that they like more tehn flow but i dare not put flow directly into the pot to find out.. i like it when they are happy .. They show it by the beaty when they come out ..

I think in the case of my nems the same applies. They love to have flow over the crown or top. I believe they need this to remove their waste, and to keep their tentacles free from debris. All 3 of my nems extend their crowns toward the high flow areas even in total darkness so I am sure they aren't reaching for the light. Their feet are in the areas of my tank with the least amount of flow. Good observation.

Here are the pics.. the one in the 40 is only day one of the experiment .. before he was not opening up as far and moving aruond.. been there all day and party of yesterday and not moved once..

The one in the 100 has been there for about 3 months and has not moved and i put him in there while he was in the pot..

I really like how you hid the flowerpots in your aquascaping. When the nem is fully inflated, it's hard to tell that they are even there.

Good job.

The on it the 100 you do not see... have to look on the side..
But after time the growth and color reach them too...

on the 40 I still have it on the top...

but after they get used to them you can surround them with rock.. and it will just look like a tunnel..