Fish Think Pink

Club Secretary
Staff member
Board of Directors
fun-reefkeeping-scaled.jpeg

How to Make Reefkeeping Fun Again​

MICHAEL PALETTA
1 WEEK AGO

With the start of the New Year, we all make resolutions of one kind or another. It may be to lose weight or woke out or drink less or eat better. For those of you who have watched my videos, especially the recent ones, or watched my talks or interviews, or read my articles hopefully one thing has come through that I have stressed: it is time to make the hobby fun again. This is now my 40th year having a reef tank, and if I did not have fun doing this, I definitely would not still be doing it.

Sadly, as I talk and interact and just watch others in the hobby, I see fewer and fewer individuals actually having fun and enjoying the hobby. This is sad, as unlike the early days of the hobby when we could barely keep things alive, today it is now possible to keep virtually anything alive, so for this reason alone the hobby should be more fun. Whatever the reason, it is time to start having fun in the hobby again. I realize that fun has to be organic and spontaneous, and that you can’t force things to be contrived fun. Nor is everything fun for everyone, but hopefully, in the ideas below, you will find enough fun things that will help make the hobby be more fun to you than it has been recently.

For the whole thread, including some not so obvious tips, please go: