How much light is really needed?

1 of my maroon clowns keeps pushing the anenome into a hole under some rocks. There is light in the back, but it not bright light just because of how the rocks are positioned. Basically setup like a cave in that corner. Is this ok or should I place the anenome out in the open where there is more light?
I have a feeling though that it will end up back under the rocks by my construction crew.

@tonymac wrote:
1 of my maroon clowns keeps pushing the anenome into a hole under some rocks. There is light in the back said:
What species of anemone is it? Different species have different lighting needs. Check out the last few pages of this FAQ for the light needs of anemones. http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

Most likely you will need to move it so it can get more light. If it continues to get pushed under you need make certain that you are manually feeding a couple times a week to make up for the lack of light.

My sebae is funky. It doesn't seem to like my MH lighting and use to hang upside down in the shade. But now under PC lighting in really shallow water it stays open right near the top.

Thanks Jacob...that answered my question. BTW it is a LTA. So it looks like I will be anenome fishing this weekend. This won't be fun!

I'm sure there are some that will stay where you place them but IME they will go where they want to go and most likely it will just move itself again if you try to place it somewhere, but who knows it might like the place you choose and stay there.