How long in the bag for transport?

Well, I get to fly home tomorrow after a long work trip in the morning. I want to go to the LFS here in Anchorage to purchase some 1/2" Acro frags for $5 each. My concern is how long will they be ok for? As I have to buy them before I go to work tonight and fly before the LFS opens in the morning. Will be in each individual bags for about 18 hours and I will carry them on the plane with me. TYIA

If you can seal each bag well, and then placed them in a styrofoam cooler with a heat pack, they may be okay. Seal the styrofoam to trap the temperature, and bring tape with you to the airport. Odds are TSA will want to inspect your box, and once they have tape it on the seams or have them do it, put it back in a box, tape that shut and check it as luggage.

If you can connect the frags to styrofoam so they float, even better.

i have had frags in bags for a full 24 hours, maybe a bit more...and they are growing in my tank as we speak, all doin well...follow marcs advice and they will last easily 18 hrs...

Well thank you gents. I bought 2 small (1/2"ish) acro frags, a tennis ball sized neon green acro, and a medium crocea clam. They spent 20 hours total in the bags.
Interesting experince. Going through the airport was pretty fun, got a million questions. Well, they let me carry the box on after going through the TSA supervisor there.

WoW! They let you carry it on? On my last flight, I swear those guys tossed out my after shave that was in my suitcase. And the bottle was 2/3 empty. :roll:

Very nice! Congrats on getting them there safely.

Off topic, but I looked up North Pole, Alaska and it looks like it is east south east of Fairbanks. Sits next to a large military reservation. Hope it is not too personal, but is that why you are way up there?

@Rick wrote:
Off topic said:
Thanks gents. Will post a FTS soon. Have to go edit one. Rick, Actually I work on the trans Alaska Pipeline. I'm a welding and mechanical inspector. Yes there is a huge Air Force base and a Army base. Eielson AFB which has the 3rd longest runway in N.America and Ft.Wainwright.

OK, here is the FTS. Its is a 120AGA 48x24x24" with a AGA model 4 sump. It was completely upgraded from FOWLR at the end of Sept.'07 till mid Oct. Added 70 lbs of LR from the original 80ish. Upgraded the lights from just 3 strip florecent to the Orbit w/2x250w MH's and 4xT5, and the flow was just 700gph now is about 2350gph. Had to deal with alot of swings of course but now is stabalized for the most part...

SWEET! that is always a fun process though, glad it stabilized and things are going well...i see frags, and hope to see much more with it...thanks for sharing! looking good, gratz!