How long for zoas to multiply?

Gee, that's a toughy. It's kind of like how fast will my child grow, which does depend on environmental facts -food, rest, etc. Also I have found that it *greatly* depends on the type of zoa that you have. Some of ours I would say would probably go from 12 to 24 polyps in about 2-3 months, but I have some in the same tank that are *way* slower than that and yet sit right beside the faster growing ones. As long as they are growing, I feel they are happy, ...but I agree... I wish I could get some of my slower growers to speed up a bit... but then we'd be trimming them all the time too.... :?

Doug

I agree.
zoas come from different ocean, and need different nutrition, water conditions etc. it takes them a while to adjust. As long has you have a healthy tank, leave them alone, give them good lighting and flow, they should start to multiply.

sometimes a tank condition is right for one type of zoa, but not for another, so you end up with "slow growers"

some of my zoas need extremely strong lighting, and temp less than 80, but others would burn in strong lighting and thrive in warm waters...

Zoas also go through growth spurts, sometimes they'd grow extremely fast, and then stops for a while.

best advise: patience

Rule of thumb: Zoos' reproductive rate is inversely proportional to how expensive they are. :wink:

In two weeks I went from 12 to 15-16. This is pretty cool. I am sort of new to corals even though I have had many salt water tanks. I finally got into keeping corals and now I am addicted!!! My rics and zoas are doing great and multiplying pretty fast.