How do I get rid of alge

mardigras

Membership Expired
I just bought a 90 gallon tank that was established the guy didn't have time to care for it properly which is y he sold it has a put break of red Cyanobacteria I picked some off the rocks and scraped it all off the walls before I put back together what can I get that will eat it without harming the corals or what chemical will kill it thanks in advance 

A light dose of erythromycin (water volume, not nominal tank volume!) will knock it out.  Increasing nitrates slightly may.  Getting the tank clean will probably work eventually.  I'm told by people who have used it that Chemiclean works very well also.

Do you have a clean up crew? Snails and hermit crabs, etc. My cyano outbreak went away when the tank cycled and matured.  I may be dated but, some keys I remembered to a healthy cycle was;3-5 inches sandClean-up crewA good skimmerLive rock Mardigras where are you located?

I am located in mount pleasant. The tank has been running about 6 years and I just bought it his clean up crew had died he claimed since doing a little more research it was not red cyno it was simply red alge I have added a healthy clean up crew and they have been working serious on it. There is hardly any alge left it was build up from the tank not being taken care of