Horseshoe crab making water cloudy

Okay, so I was having a horrible time getting my water clear. So now it looks awesome and all my levels are good so I decide to add my horseshoe crab from school. Well he is going from a crushed corral substrate to now a DSB. He is going crazy, burrowing, running around, and having a grand ol' time. Problem is, now my aquarium is cloudy again!
Does anyone else have these problems with horseshoe crabs? One of the main reasons I went to a DSB was because of my 2 horseshoe crabs. They couldn't burrow in the crushed corral and I felt really bad for them. It's their nature to burrow and it was really sad to watch them try to cover themselves unsuccessfully. (The original tank that they came with had crushed corral --a touch tank for my students) I still have 1 more to take home and he is twice as big as my first one. Any advice on this matter?

Love this forum! Everyone has been so nice and helpful!

You probably will not find too many people are the forum that have them. Most just starve and die in a home aquarium because they quickly deplete all the food in the sand bed. Not to mention they all get over 2' long in the wild. Good luck.

Thanks for responding. I've had 1 for about 5 months now. My smaller 1 for about 3 months. I have heard they usually die of starvation. Our school is the one that bought the animals and I have been left in charge of them. I know they reach "sexual maturity" around the age of 15 years. Mine are tiny and probably less than a year old. If they get really big the Fort Worth Zoo will take them.

Glad to hear you have a place to donate it to when it gets to hard to manage. Here is a site with some really good information on it if you are interested.

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/horseshoecrabfaqs.htm