Holy Grail Rainbow/Multi-Colored Trachys, Chalices, LIVE MACRO+PODS & More

zerocool

Premium Member
I have seen loads of really great Trachys over the years, however these take the cake. These Ultra Trachys have an unbelievably bright red/blue/yellow/green striped outer rim and a deep inky speckled center. Truly showpieces and extremely rare. The separation of colors are so crisp that parts of it look drawn in an almost comic book fashion. A few utterly amazing specimens. These are WYSIWYG coral from my tank, and for size reference - use the general size reference per square of eggcrate = 0.75 inch per square (3/4”). They are large colonies - nothing cost to frag size.Similar pieces easily go for $500-600 retail (Tidal Gardens/Vivid/and a few others who are able to source these) Contact Info/Questions: Tyler @ 970-462-5207 or PM on DFWMAS Pickup Location: Near Downtown DallasReservation Details: Pre-pay prior to pickup to reserve. Otherwise, will be sold on first come/first served basis. [48hr alive guarantee. ]MANY references available on request. Need higher resolution pics? Check Dropbox link below. <hr /> ******Wondering if corals are still available?*************I will annotate sold items below so make sure to check this post and Dropbox link below .********** Other coral available for sale: please check Dropbox link HERE for pictures and prices.[ ] Or copy+paste this link into your browser:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vvff70dghqux0kc/AABIrEMOVfy1OaVWc3BnzzB6a?dl=0 <hr />[Also available: ]<strong style="font-family: Arial;font-size: 12px">LIVE PODS & LIVE PHYTO </strong>[[from none other than......... AlgaeBarn!!! I have a few extras for sale.]]Combo Packs: 5280 Pods + Live OceanMagik Phyto: $60Need Live Macro Algae that is 100% CLEAN(Chaeto/Ogo/etc)? Text/PM.Need the best seeding Bacteria in the Business? Text/PM. View attachment 4677 <hr />View attachment 4668View attachment 4673View attachment 4675[Trachy Care Guide ] (that I can personally vouch for):  written by Dave Burr The skeleton of the Trachyphyllia Brain Coral may has an oval or figure eight shape on top and forms a point at the bottom of the coral making it easy to place in the aquarium . This coral exhibits brilliant fluorescent colors under actinic lighting. These easy to keep LPS corals are great for beginners. Placement: Mount the Red Trachyphyllia Brain Corals using IC gel glue, or putty, on an exposed rock or ledge low in the aquarium where they will receive low currents and low to moderate lighting. They also do very well when placed directly on the sand bed provided Gobies and inverts don't bury them with sand. They are susceptible to stings from other corals so give them 3-4" of space around them. Feeding: Although symbiotic algae called zooxanthellae hosted within them supply most of their nutritional requirements through photosynthesis they do benefit from supplemental feedings once or twice per week. Offer mysis shrimp, and other chopped meaty foods when their tentacles are open. Lighting & Flow Requirements : The Trachyphyllia Brain Coral requires moderate water flow and moderate lighting (PAR 150-250). T5's, Metal Halides, or LED's can all grow Trachyphyllia Corals when the proper PAR levels are provided. I recommend a 14-20K color spectrum for best coloration. Care Level: Easy Lighting Requirements: Moderate (PAR 150-250) Water Flow: Moderate Aggressiveness: Semi-aggressive Range: Fiji, Indo Pacific, Australia Family: Trachyphyllia Water Conditions: 75-80° F; sg 1.024-1.026 (1.025 is ideal); pH 8.1-8.4 Ca 420-440 ppm, Alk 8-9.5 dKH, Mg 1260-1350, Nitrates <10ppm, Phosphates, < .10ppm Water Chemistry: It is important that proper calcium (420-440 ppm), alkalinity (8-9.5 dkh - run it 7-8 if you are carbon dosing) , and magnesium levels (1260-1350 ppm) are maintained. Raising magnesium levels gradually up to 1400-1600 ppm can help to combat algae outbreaks, just keep CA and Alk in line as you raise the Mg. Nitrates should be below 10 ppm and phosphates should be below .10 ppm. Recommend doing a water change when Nitrate levels rise to 10 ppm. It is important to replace your phosphate media when phosphates rise to .10 ppm.  

Lots of messages/texts on these guys in the last 24hrs...Wow! Most of these are regarding pricing. Because everybody wants a deal (and I can understand that), let's do this: Buy at least two of the colonies posted on this ad (main page, not the Dropbox link), and I will cut 10% off of all items. This is going to save someone $50...$75...$100 or more....View attachment 44668Unrelated: Have a few inverts  to get rid of as well.  The shrimp below are [HUGE ] - let me know if you need any references from folks on the forums on the size/color of these... am sure they will be happy to chime in. The Pom Pom Crabs & Sexy Shrimp are just great inverts that are almost never offered in the DFW area. Get a healthy specimen from me.Jumbo Cleaners = $24 ....Avg Online/LFS Price for this size = $35-45 (price ref:  https://www.liveaquaria.com/product/696/?pcatid=696)View attachment 4691Jumbo Fire Shrimp = $35 ....Online Avg LFS Price for this size = $45-60 (price ref: https://www.saltwaterfish.com/product-fire-shrimp)View attachment 4692Pom Pom Crabs = $15 View attachment 4694Sexy Shrimp = $15 View attachment 4695Again, the link to [ALL CORAL AVAILABLE WITH PICS AND PRICES]: Click Dropbox link [HERE ] for pictures and prices.[ ]Or copy+paste this link into your browser:   https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vvff70dghqux0kc/AABIrEMOVfy1OaVWc3BnzzB6a?dl=0  Happy reefing!