Hippocampus zosterae and Flame Angels

A buddy of mine just called and asked if I could take his pair of Hippocampus zosterae (dwarfs). I do not have a seperate tank available, but I do have a nano with a pair of flame Angles, a Yellow Clown Goby, and an Antenna Goby. Would it be possible to have them in there for a week or two before I can get a seperate tank going, or should I convince him to hold out for a while so I can get setup? He's in a bit of a hurry, it seems...

i would expect the gobys to be fine, but the angels will probably bother them. both, the gobys and the angels, could impede them eating as they do not move fast enough to compete with 'fish' of any type really.

You know, I also have a Frogspawn in there, which would probably be their demise.

I'll setup another tank.
...sigh....
Not sure if I'm up for seahorses...

Thanks Wes.

Also Hippocampus zosterae (dwarfs) only eat live food, you may want to go to seahorse.org and read up on them.

yea, the frogspawn wouldnt be good, any stinging creature in the tank would be bad including hydroids. cabo is right, you need to hatch baby brine shrimp daily, when i was getting ready for some i bought 3 brine hatcheries to make sure i could always have enough.

here is a good site for reference...

http://www.seahorse.org/library/articles/tankmates/tankmates.shtml

Well, aftr a bunch of reading, I think I'll have to tell him to keep 'em. I can't get my spare (9gal) tank running and cycled in time, nor will I be able to keep it below 80*F once summer sets in.

...though I am now intrigued with erectus horses. They could go into my 150 (as long as I put a sponge on my votec!)...

Thanks all.

If he would be interested in getting rid of them, please have him contact me.

I have a dwarf tank and could use the biodiversity of an unrelated pair.

Frank Perkins

Well, he decided to keep them, just downsize the tank and lights and relocate them to another room, rather than give them away. He said something about maybe really trying to do something with the breeding, but I doubt that he has the attention span to really see it through (I hope he reads this and proves me wrong!).

If he needs info tell him to feel free to ask here or PM.

If the water are conditions are good, breeding them is no challenge.

Just saw his new tank setup. He did a nifty durso style pipe hang over the back in a 35 gal tank with a homade overflow to minimize the clutter in tank. Looks pretty good. He's cycling it with sand from his 200 and some new eel grass and whatnot, as well as some of my gorgonian frags. Even though he's had the dwarves for almost 8 months, they have yet to reproduce for him. We'll see if this makes a difference.