High diving lawnmower blenny

[Well the the lawnmower blenny I got at the meeting this week took a nose dive today. He is now setting at the bottom of a 30" overflow! There are some snails down there as well. Trouble is my arm is to big around and I can't get my hand all the way down. Have not tried a net yet. My other option is to take the bulkhead out and flush him out the bottom :cry: Unless someone else has a better idea?

My other question is what do you use to keep critters out of the overflow?]

[Personally, I use a piece of acrylic, cut to the size of the top of the overflow, and that sits on top.

Marc has suggested in the past to use dark colored acrylic, to keep light - and therefore algae - out of the box.

To get the snails out - I use those $5 tongs, that aren't good for much else, and pull them out. Of course, with my tank, it being tall, I have to stand on a chair :p]

[I wouldn't remove the bulkhead, but you might be able to remove the durso stand pipe and the fish should flush right down into your sump.]

[within the last 3 weeks, i had to fish out my mandarin, scooter and jawfish out of the overflows, seperate occasions. i tied a 3" net onto one of my long glass scraper wands and was able to net one of them. the other two jumped out the overflow back into the tank when swimming away from the chasing net. Now i have acrylic pieces over the overflows.....]

[Thanks all! Well I managed to get him out with a net :D Just finished a major plumbing renovation on the tank, (Durso standpipe, refugium, rio replacement, etc). Tank is looking much better, got rid of the micro bubbles. Now to cover the overflow.]