Heniochus Diphreutes (Schooling Bannerfish)

Does anyone here keep them or have experience with them? I'd like to get a couple (2 possibly 3). I've read up on them and they sound like one of the hardier butterflyfish. I was wondering if they do in fact school well? I don't want to take up all the fish real estate if 3 aren't more showy then say 2, but if they do school well I think they'd look awesome.

Anyone seen them locally?

I have a 90 with 2 false percs, mandarin, cori wrasse and blue tang.

Thanks

I used to have one in my reef, and he got really big. He was reef safe, that particular bannerfish. Really cool fish, though. I can't imagine putting more than one in my 120.

Kay

Excellent eater. Didn't touch any corals. He ate all food I put into the tank, even some off the algae clip. He was a plankton feeder. He is not the usual banner fish you see in the stores. You will have to do some research to get the right one. They don't have the huge banner fin and they have a black stripe through the eye. Excellent fish, but he got big fast. I found him at a Petco of all places. Sometimes you can find fish there. I knew when I saw him he was different and came home and did the research and went back and bought him. He was very hardy. I accidentally killed him by taking him out of my tank and putting him in qt for some treatment of bacteria and had a salinity issue that put him into shock and killed him. I would recommend him to a reef tank and would get one again if I could find it. But have to wait for a bigger tank for that. He was also very not shy and not a bully to other fish. Really cool fish.

Kay

Kay