Help with t5 lighting (fixed)

Catjuggler

Premium Member
Hi everyone its catjuggler, i just got 2 new GLO t5 fixtures a few days ago that hold 2 bulbs each. Dont get me wrong my coral and my fish look way better with the t5s then the power compacts i had before, but im just not really happy with the way the tank looks. Here are the bulbs i have
the fixture on the back of the tank has got 2 UV LIGHTING SUper actinics v-ho
the front fixture has a UV LIGHTING actinic white v-ho and a coralife 10000k hig output
i run the back fixture a hour and a half before and after the white lights go off(and during..lol). When i first got them it made the tank look very pinkish at least compared to the power compacts i had on there so i replaced one of the lights which i was told was a 12000k light but the label was scraped off so i dont really know, to the 10000k coralife light thats on it now. I think it looks less pink but im still not happy with it. I would really like some input on what most people would use in my case, or just some advice would be really awesome. This is my first reef tank and im a total noob. THANKS EVERYONE

Here is a link to a pic of my tank with the new lighting
http://s754.photobucket.com/albums/xx185/catjuggler_82/fish%20tank/?action=view&current=GEDC0636.jpg
everything is closed up, i had to turn the lights back on to take the pic

i dont personally mind the color, what is it you dont like about it? lighting is really about what you like and there are a ton of combos.

Thanks for replying, I like the setup alot better with the new 10000k but i still feel like it is too pink or purplish. After doing some reading i was thinking about changing one of the actinics for a blue light. Im still new so if that doesnt sound right let me know.Im so confused about this t5 stuff, there are so many combos and i have seen people with no white lights at all. i dont even know in which direction to go.

alot of people do the blue and i think it looks really nice. if you mix 420 or 460nm actinic with some 10k white light i think it would lose that pinkish hue

awesome Ill try that, i have a friend at my lfs that will let me swap them out. so im gonna try a few combos out