Help with Plate coral

Dlrb360

Premium Member
[attachment=1]FullSizeRender.jpg[/attachment]Last night my Plate coral looked perfectly healthy, this morning it looks like a skeleton! Im not sure what is going on with it my water parameters are great. can someone shoot me some advise I have only had it two days.

Mine did the same when I had it to high in my tank but once I lowerd him to the sand it came back. Are your other corals doing good? What kind of lights do you have?

my other corals are doing great and this one initially was looking great (much better than it did in the LFS). I can see the tentacles poking out just a little bit now which is a improvement from earlier. It is down on my sand bed in a lower light area. I have it under Reef Radiance LED's that have been working great for all of my LPS and even one piece of SPS. I'm starting to wonder if something nipped at it and it retracted so far because of that or if this is part of it adjusting to my aquarium. It ate very good last night so maybe it is just going through some adjustment. I hope it pulls through because i haven't seen any quit like this one and I'm kinda attached to it already.

As long as you don't see any exposed skeleton it's all right. It may be just adjusting to your tank.

I think I figured out what is going on. It looks like my peppermint shrimp may be picking at it during the night. Has anyone else run into this issue? I couldn't see them causing any damage but it seems to irritate the coral.