Help With Meanwell D Driver

Hey Guys,

It's been a long time since I've posted here. I've been thankless for quite some time now, but I've decided to start up a 10g nano reef and get back in the game.

I ordered an LED retrofit kit from Rapid LED. I got everything wired up tonight, but couldn't get the lights working. I have a Meanwell D driver hooked up to a potentiometer, but after doing some more reading it looks like I need a "wall wart" to supply power to the potentiometer because the driver has to have power going through the dimming circuit correct? So as of right now I don't have power running to the pot, I only have the Dim+ and Dim- wires soldered to the pot.

So my pot has 3 terminals, exactly where do I solder the Dim+ and Dim- wires and once I do get a wall wart, where would I solder the wires from it? Do you guys have any recommendations on where to get a wall wart that would work for me?

Thanks for the help and I'm glad to be back.

If you are ever near DNA let me know I think I have a couple extra wall warts you can have one. Just get me a frag of something sometime once your tank is up and running.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

Here are some picture from my DIY Led project. I included the wiring diagram that I used. I used the DIM4 controller to controller Sunrise/Sunset. I also added potentiometers so I can control the brightness. I did use the Meanwell ELN 60-48D.

[attachment=2]LED Control Panel.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=1]LED Distribution Panel.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]DIY Led Controller Wiring.png[/attachment]

He dimmer you show looks as if it is taking the place of the wall wart. What voltage is going into the knobs? Should be 0-10v. Also assuming that the red and black wires on the dimmer left side is going to the leds. Also trying to understand your power on the left side of the drivers. That should just go straight to a power strip.

Sent from pay phone in the airport.

I got mine working. I hooked a wall wart up to it, but it still wasn't working right. The only thing I could think of was that maybe the pot was bad, so I went and got a higher ohm rated pot that was rated to 10k and once I hooked that up it worked like a charm. After doing some research, the pot that I was originally using was only rated to 50 ohms, so I'm guessing that was the issue.

Anyways, all is working well now. Should have my new nano up and running tomorrow.

Glad to hear you have it working. I did have the same problem with a POT not working when I first hooked it up. Yep you need the 10K ohm resistance.

Ecko,
I purchased a 12VDC power supply to power up the DIM4, this acts as the wall wart. The DIM4 has 4 channels that are programmable for voltage adjustments from 0-10 v. This supplies the voltage to the POTS. The red and black wires go to the LED, the blue and silver wires are for the POT and DIM4 adjustments. To power up the Drivers I used a buss system. One strip is for the neutral 120 VAC the other strip is the Line 120 VAC. This allowed me to use one power cord. The third strip is for fan control and relays to shutdown the drivers.