help w choosin powerheads

agamez214

Membership Expired
Ive been lookin for which ones to get either 2 mp40 or 2 sicce voyager 3 w wavemaker controller....now mp40 r like 400 each and voyager are can turn to diffrent path movments by turning the face plate and they are 70each plus 100 for controller...and do i need 2 mp40s for a 180g??

Thanks in advance for imput

I like the Jebao wp-40! I would think that 3, or 4 of them would be enough. And there are wp-60s available now, too, that might be preferable. I bet that 2 of them would be enough.

Mine is the wp25 on a 55 gallon. On the very lowest setting it is right. These are some powerful pumps. People who have the wp40 say the same thing. Much more powerful then the mp40.

I would thinkt he wp25 would be great all the way up 2 a 100 gallon

What are the dimensions (L x W xH) and what corals are you planning on keeping

Is tank bare bottom...if no what type of sand

Need to know these thing before we can recommend what power head or quantity would be perfect for your tank

@kuyatwo wrote:
What are the dimensions (L x W xH) and what corals are you planning on keeping Is tank bare bottom...if no what type of sand Need to know these thing before we can recommend what power head or quantity would be perfect for your tank said:
Its q 6 ft x 2 ft x 2 ft.....180 gallon w live sand and live rock and i will have lps, sps corals..alittle of everything....ive asked various friends and one said that he had them in his 75 but after 3 months they started getting loud on him so he went to mp10s and quality is alot better....than wps now my budget is around 8k for everything including the tank, stand, lighting, filtration, and livestock so im leaning to mp but maybe youll know something i donf know

Bought a WP40 and a 25 for my 120 and they push the sand around quite a bit, great flow for my SPS. in a 180 two 40's should be fine, that's a lot of $$$ to put towards other tank items. Unless you are looking for really controllable powerheads.